Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Public Trash Bins

Make sure to use the correct bin

 Public trash bins are RARE. I’m guessing that due to all the restrictions/rule/regulations related to trash, and there are MANY, that people, business, and government facilities avoid dealing with it by not offering trash containers to the public. As an example, the other day I walked around a very large public park, about 3 miles around the perimeter, and I did not see a single trash bin. Most of the time, if you find a public trash bin, it will be found next to vending machines and is specifically for drink containers. Occasionally, in front of stores, such as Lawson’s or 7-11’s they will have multiple containers, each designated for a very specific type of trash, paper/plastic/bottles and cans.

Another rare sighting

On the Endangered List

I’m told that there is an extra fee to throw away just about anything beyond normal household trash, and its expensive. I’ve noted that many of the small parks I’ve walked, there are NUMEROUS bicycles seemingly abandoned in the bushes. My speculation is that it is too costly to properly dispose of them therefore people just leave them in a park.
Sign downtown Yokosuka

No comments:

Post a Comment